Friday, April 27, 2012

Tidbit #10: Smile



Once I was on a train headed into the city an elderly woman noticed me and asked if I was having a hard day. She said I looked a little grumpy. I told her I was sleepy, which was true. She said if I just put on a smile the world would seem a lot brighter. She passed the smile to me and I passed it on to many other people as I walked around the city that day. 

I was reading an article in National Geographic the other day that talked about people smiling. It said that the average adult only smiles 5 times a day. Infants on the other hand smile more that 400 times a day. When did that happen. Our bodies need us to smile so that we produce let stress-inducing hormones, and more endorphins.

You don't have to talk to smile, you just change your face. It helps you and it helps others. win/win
Smiles are contagious. Use them. Making one person smile can change the world.  Maybe not the whole world, but their world.  Start small.  Start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment