Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tidbit #1: Stay in school.

Note: This is advice for high school as well as college students, but it is not the same.


High School Students:
Your education is so unbelievably important. I can not begin to express in words how much you NEED to get your diploma. But, since you've heard that a thousand times, think about it in a different way. Senior year of high school is the only time you will be on top of the world without having worked you tail off to get there. You will be the master of you universe and the world just opens up to you after that. If you don't get to senior year, you'll probably be working a low wage job for a long time before you can even think about making really good money.  Don't quit school for a job, no minimal amount of money is worth the sacrifice of a good education.

College Students:
Stay in school, stick it out. College is so super fun, and even if it feels sucky sometimes, it can be an amazing time. It has been the best I've had yet. (I hope things keep getting better in this pattern, because if so by the time I die I won't know how to stop smiling. I already have a hard time making a sad face. I digress)

Withdrawing from university studies is not always a bad thing, but it's important to examine on a case by case basis....(if you need clarification please email me)
Case 1: If you run out of money, and are beginning to rack up a large debt, and are offered a nice job.....you probably should take the job, with the intention of going back to school later.
Case 2: If you have an amazing idea that will change the world and make you a millionaire.....I still recommend you get your degree, but if it just becomes to complicated, don't, everyone will be so impressed with you anyway it won't matter.
Case 3: Um...I can't think of anymore right now, but when I do I will add more....


"Water your flowers and tell them I said hello"

No comments:

Post a Comment