Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tidbit #2: Babies are Miracles

This topic is discussed extensively in terms of abortion and sexual relationships outside of marriage. I don't want to go in that direction because beating an argument to death will never solve problems. 

I will however say this "Babies are miracles." Each and everyone of them no matter how they were brought into this world is brilliant and beautiful.

This topic is important to me because I have many friends and family members who have had children at times deemed inappropriate by societal standards. Some of them have had parents disowned them or be unsupportive. Others have been harrassed by questions such as, "Don't you know how that happens?" or "Haven't you learned your lesson?"

It is important that family and friends support mothers rather than become angry at them. Once the "mistake" or "decision" has been made, there is no turning back. That miraculous little baby needs all the love that can be given to him or her, and a family that can provide it. It takes a village, and one mother can never do it all alone.

With all of that said I do believe it is best to wait until you are married to have children, but I cannot agree with the idea that you are a horrible person if you don't. Some of the best mothers I know have had children at times when it was "inappropriate" so from me they will always recieve full support.


"Plant a seed, water it well, and watch it grow."

No comments:

Post a Comment